Sunday, October 14, 2012

KCWC Day 7


Pattern: I shamelessly copied THIS adorable hoodie from Etsy.

Fabric: Circo brand hoodie from Target and felt from JoAnn's.

Sewing:  Sew darn easy.  I made a pattern, cut it out, pinned it to the hoodie and stitched around it.  I think it was the best project for the last day.  Oh, and this is for Henry which means all of my kids got at least one new item this week.  I'd hate for things to be unfair because life is never unfair.  I'll be sure to take a picture of him tomorrow in it.

I'm done friends.  I did it!  I took the challenge, and I managed to sew something every single day for a week.  I have to say I'm pretty happy with myself and all that I did.  It also gives me great hope for my new sewing space.  I was starting to think my new set up just wasn't going to work, but I think I proved to myself that any space will work.  Sure I'd love a big dedicated room or space to sew in, but it's a want not a need.

Now that I'm friends with my new space hopefully we'll spend more time together on a regular basis.  I have lots of ideas, because when you start sewing your mind starts going crazy with all the possibilities of things to make.

Thanks for all the kind compliments this week!  I really appreciated it!!

Good night!

4 comments:

Flori said...

I'm so proud of you and so impressed! I saw that hoodie on etsy the other night and thought it was too cute--your copy looks great! I think I may need to set up a week-long challenge for myself, just to get re-motivated!

Annee said...

Might be my favorite from the week. Adorable. I need one in size 3-6 mos. Maybe I'll find a cute way to make a girl one too :)

Liz said...

Thanks, Flori!

Annee, I definitely think you could make this work for both W&E. They would look sew cute in them!

Sarah said...

cute hoodie. love etsy for inspiration. your birds and houses outfit was awesome. i'm envisioning them on a pillow too. so glad you got your sewing mojo back.

Annee you could make the little fox girly by adding a little bow cut out to the head. little foxy twins.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...