Thursday, March 15, 2012

Finally it's Friday!

The Italian is taking the day off tomorrow, so technically my weekend has begun.  Hallelujah!  It's been a rainy week, and while we totally needed the rain, I've felt a little cooped up.  I haven't really known what to do with myself, and sadly no real sewing got done.


However, I will celebrate that I got a *celebrate* banner finished and in the mail.  It's for a little girl, now a woman, who I used to babysit for.  She's getting married and my mom is hosting the bridal shower.  I thought my mom could use it to decorate for the shower, and then the bride-to-be could take it and use for all the many reasons she'll have to celebrate as a married woman.


Her colors are pink, pink, and pink.  I had to add in the black, per my mom's requests, so you can see the letters.  I agreed.  The fabrics all come from Aneela Hoey's Sherbet Pips line.


I myself get to celebrate that the little park across the street is lined with huge redwoods.  Right across the street I have these gorgeous trees.  I should celebrate them more often.  Or a least just walk myself and the kiddos over there to run around them more often.


While my sewing room didn't see much action this week, I did manage to make a new pair of Quick Change Trousers for little baby Hank.  I didn't make them reversible which made them super quick, and I used an old shirt of the Italian's which gives them a little sentimental touch.



Knit can be a bit tricky to sew with, so using an old shirt helped with the hem.  


I just used the hem from the shirt as the hem for my pant legs.  Saved me on time and frustration.  



Baby Hank helped make these pants absolutely adorable.  They are just so-so without my chubby little baby and his sweet love handles.


I'm kind of at a loss for what I want to sew next.  I started dreaming up a possible Easter dress for Grace and seersucker pants for my boys.  We'll see if that happens next or if the wind (or hot air from the dryer in my laundry room/sewing room) blows me in a different direction.

Have a good weekend!!

2 comments:

Annee said...

Baby Hank is killing me in those pants! Lovely post. Truly.

cheeriBABY said...

Pants...Darling! Chunky sweet baby...priceless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...