Sunday, December 4, 2011

Merry Christmas style.

Friends, I always have big dreams during the month of December.  In order to execute all that I dream, I'd probably sit in the sewing garage for the majority of the day.  That is obviously not realistic, and therefore everyday I edit my dreams and pare them down to a more manageable dream load.

For example, I dreamed the ladies would have new festive frocks for the big performance of The Nutcracker today. Around midnight last night, I realized not even the first dress was going to get finished.  But that didn't mean that at the start of the night I honestly believed that two dresses might have emerged!

Our Saturday was jam packed full of Christmas fun.  We had some caroling to attend to, a Christmas party at church, etc.  Sometime last week, I came across this joyful post over at Aesthetic Nest.  When I saw her merry snowflake shirts I was smitten.  I tried to think of which of my friends both crocheted and had a little girl.  I thought of my favorite friend Allison who fit both requirements, and I sent her the link as my Merry Christmas gift to her.  I thought she would have a blast making that shirt for her daughter.  And I, in turn would have done my part to spread Christmas cheer to all around me, free of charge.

Little did I know I would wake up to an email from Allison Friday morning saying she had four completed snowflakes, and would I like two?!

Enter, sewing crocheted snowflakes onto long sleeved tee-shirts by hand, in the car, on the way to caroling:




Totally worth it, in my opinion.

Now my new Christmas wish is that you might have your own special crocheting friend, who will help turn one of your dreams into a real live thing!  

Or maybe you know how to crochet yourself, in which case do not miss out on this awesome tutorial!  Allison said it was easy.  What do I know?!






2 comments:

Liz said...

Not fair! I don't know anyone who crochets. :)

What a totally nice friend! And I'm laughing at you hand sewing the snowflakes on the way to caroling. That is some dedication!

Cute idea. Totally cute girls wearing their snowflake shirts!

Allison said...

My pictures of the girls at church stink (what is UP with terrible church lighting??), so don't mind me if I snake a pic off your blog for my own. I was so happy to see all three in their snowflake finery. Thanks for the link!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...