Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sewing at the hospital...

TOTALLY KIDDING!  You'd really think I was crazy if I took my sewing machine to the hospital.  I do have some limits.

You are reading this Thursday morning because I scheduled it Wednesday night.  There were no rooms at the hospital for me on yesterday, so instead of letting my anxiety (and the heat wave we are having) get the best of me Tuesday night, I decided to sew.



Before the last post Annee did about the Leisurely Dress, we talked over the phone about how silly were both were to fear elastic thread.  (I call my phone calls to Annee MoM Board Meetings, and my husband, the Italian, he calls them Bored Meetings.  Clearly he doesn't understand how exciting the prospects of things like elastic thread are!!)



She reassured me I would be just as pleasantly surprised when I ventured into the world of elastic thread as she was, so last night I pulled out a yard of Anna Maria Horner's Chocolate Lollipop that has been sitting in my stash begging to be used.  I ironed it up and got to work.  Friends, it was a success!



I had the whole dress done in a little under 2 hours, and I finished it up Wednesday morning once I measured the straps on Grace.  I opted to not do ties, and I wanted a criss cross back so i don't have to worry about straps falling down.



Love this little number.  I'm sure I'll be shirring in future.  It might even be my comeback project.

Okay, I'm really signing off now for a couple of days/weeks/months (I hope not months).  Until I get my life together with a new baby, I'll be out of the sewing room.  I'll be sure to post my babe with the creations I made for him, but there won't be new stuff from Made On Maple West Coast for a bit.

Tootles, again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...