Thursday, March 17, 2011

All in a day

I've been feeling defeated lately.  As if things might lay around here unfinished forever.  It was time for a mental break and a change of pace.  I cleared Wednesday's schedule, and left nothing on it!  I walked into the sewing garage around 10:30 in the morning with the idea that I would start and finish something, all in a day!  



You can make it in a day.


Sorry about the blurriness.  I'm training up the next generation of photographers.  It's a process.  


The only deviation to the pattern this time around, is that my facing placket is of a contrasting fabric!  A little peek-a-boo surprise should it ever flap open.  It's the little things my friends, the little things that get us sewing girls all whipped up!  I should have flapped it open, but I was busy giving photography tips.

And so it worked.  After finishing my new shirt right around dinner time, I had that old familiar feeling of "I can do anything" return to my soul.  Before I folded my fifth load of laundry later that evening, I had gotten so lucky that I had even crafted up a reverse-applique four leaf clover shirt.  I don't know if you've met 6-year-old girl before?  They are darn persistent!  I'll share a picture of her soon.  

Have a lucky day getting things done at your house!

2 comments:

Liz said...

You can do anything!! I love the new Schoolhouse Tunic.

I think I made one of mine in the same fabric but with the white background. We could be reverse twins next time we are together. :)

Flori said...

Way cute! What's the name of the fabric you used? I'm craving a new spring skirt and that looks like it would match lots of stuff. Love the yellow shoes too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...