Friday, October 15, 2010

Have me moved passed Halloween week?

I'm still stuck there...

I've been anxious to test out the latest Dana MADE circle skirt tutorial.  It seemed so simple, and I needed to know if it really was...


It mostly was easy.  It has the two inch wide elastic waist band.  You just do a stretch and pull method as you attach the skirt to the elastic.  I think having a serger makes this project more enjoyable.  


The fabric is from a Riley Blake line that Liz and I bought when she visited me in Korea six months ago!  The shirts I found when I pulled out my storage tote that was labled "fall decoration".  I think I bought them at a 75% Target after Halloween sale.  So probably I paid $.50 for them.  They aren't perfect, but they are festive. And it's true what Dana says about these skirts, I made both of them in an hour.  Making the pattern took a little extra time, but now I have a cute circle pattern piece to use again. 

The ladies loved them, and I think we'll get a lot of spooktacular wear out of them!  Happy Halloween. 

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love the circle skirts!! Jane and Ruby look so darling, and I think the orange shirts go just fine. You've definitely styled them well with capri leggings, converse, and matching hair ribbons. Too cute!!

Glad you extended Halloween week!

Sarah said...

I love the way those circle skirts hang!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...