Tuesday, June 8, 2010

One a Day

I decided that since I was such a slacker last week in sewing and posting to MOM that I'd try to make up for it this week.  I'm going to TRY to sew a project a day and post the finished results.  Now I sew at night which means that you probably saw the Gracie dress on Monday, but really that was my Sunday project.

So for Monday's project....

First, I had to have a photo shoot this morning with my Grace in her Gracie dress.  I knew it would look cuter on Grace than on my kitchen floor.  The bodice and yoke are a little bigger than I'd like them to be, but there is NO WAY I'm doing anything about it other than waiting for Grace to grow into it.  My favorite feature of the dress is how full it is because of all the gathered material.  I had Grace twirl for me so you could see its fullness.





Then tonight I quilted 2 quilts for the NICU at Stanford's Lucile Packard Children's Hospital.  I recruited lots of friends to help me sew blankets for the babies that have to spend time in the hospital.  I've been there with my little George, so I know how the quilts George were like a hugs from a stranger.  I have to thank Annee's Quilting Club in Osan, South Korea for piecing and sewing the top of the quilts.  I can take no credit for that.  All I did tonight was bind the edges to the back and quilt the tops.  Doesn't sound like much, but I didn't get started until 10, so here it is 1 in the morning!!!




Good night!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

They turned out pretty. I like the little pinwheel design. Do I dare attempt a project a day like you're doing? I'll think about it.

Kristina said...

The dress looks darling on Grace!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...