Wednesday, May 19, 2010

For others.


Other than this simply delicious meal that I made for dinner tonight, I've been working hard getting things made for others.

A taggie for a newborn baby is a must,



Tonight I made three different kinds of rice krispie treats for our combined Young Men/Young Women activity tomorrow night.  Thank you Jenny from Picky Palate for this recipe and this one too.  As for the third rice krispie treat recipe - 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup karo syrup.  Melt on stovetop.  Add 8 cups rice krispies.  Press into 9 x 13 pan.  Melt one cup butterscotch and one cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and spread on top!


Lastly, I saw this cute pillow a couple of days ago.  I love the neutral color scheme Liz Stanley used for her pillow, but I needed a little more color for mine. Just a little.


I followed Liz's instructions, but I did add some interfacing to my bow and some top stitching.  I currently have this pillow sitting on my leather chair and I'm thinking I'm going to have a hard time giving it away.  I just might need to make another one of these!!


Of course I used House on Hill Road's Put a Zipper in Your Pillow tutorial for the back.  One of my all time favorites!  I almost think I could put a zipper on without the tutorial.  Almost.

4 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

looks great! so glad you gave it a shot

Annee said...

Everything looks amazing. I want to have that for dinner tonight! I would want to sample one of each rice krispy treat. But seriously, that pillow?! I think it's now at the top of my list for what to make first when I move into the next house! It's so darling I hardly know what to say. And best of all, I totally remember picking those fabrics out together, and talking about how cute they would look together.

The Sewist said...

Loving that pillow its so cute, i have a thing for bows :]

I love the fabric combination you used what designer are they from?

Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique

Liz said...

Mayya, both fabrics on the front are Alexander Henry prints. I've link sites below for both. Hope this helps!


http://www.polyvore.com/alexander_henry_camellia_red_at/thing?id=17705371

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/UndercoverFabrics/items/Alexander_Henry_Fabric_Zebe_Zebra_Stripe_Brown_Tan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...